All too often, many customers experience frustration in their digital online journeys. Such as a poor online check out process, a link that doesn’t direct you to the appropriate information or an invalid coupon code. All can lead to abandon carts or ignored marketing campaigns that, in the end, result in disappointed customers and marketers.
The key to a successful customer journey is having the appropriate data to better understand your customers. Each customer journey requires both a starting point and a goal. That goal should be a mutual win-win that builds up your relationship with your customer at every conversion point. The use of the customer data can help in achieving the mutual goal.
The What vs. the Why of the Customer Journey
While traditional web analytics do a great job in evaluating what is happening with your website, like number of clicks, page views or bounce rates, it does not tell you why your digital properties perform as they do. Use of customer data gives you the why in the equation. When you have both what and why, you acquire the insight needed to help improve customer journeys.
Customer data focuses on how users interact with your digital properties rather than the properties themselves. Customer data awards you a competitive advantage in that it supplies you with the knowledge needed to create exceptional digital experiences that produce outstanding journeys.
Let’s take a look at the types of customer data that can be helpful in creating positive impressions on customer journeys:
- Mindset Data – Are the key stages in the customer experience with a brand. Based on the customer interaction performed, customers are placed in one of the five mindsets
- Discover-customers are starting to learn what you’re are offering
- Compare-customers are looking at all the options available.
- Acquire-customers have purchased one or more product
- Use-customers that are your users who may register their product or contact the
- Advocate-customers sharing product info on social media or supplying a
customer product review
Mindset data can aid in building remarkable experiences along the customer journey that result in progress from one mindset segment to the next.
- Behavior Data displays and captures customer data through heatmaps, session replays and form analytics. These behavior analytic capabilities can pin point customer struggles that need immediate attention across all channels with speed and accuracy which ultimately drive ROI. This allows marketers to stay ahead of the competition, be more dependable and gain valuable insight to ensure customers achieve goals throughout their journey.
- Engagement and Value Data can be created by leveraging AI customer analytic solutions, like Watson CXA. Customer value data calculations can be made for you with a level of speed and accuracy that does not involve a team of data scientists. The outcome being a recognized ROI.
Leverage Watson CXA to Improve Customer Journeys
By leveraging AI powered Watson Customer Experience Analytics (CXA), a better understanding of how customers interact with your brand can be achieved in journeys across time, devices and channels. It gives you insight into to why your customers experience issues, the visibility into the customer experience and the ability to segment customer sets so you can take immediate action. All allow you to make better, faster and smarter business decisions across customer touchpoints. To download a copy of the IBM’s Whitepaper, How to use Customer Level Data to Supercharge Customer Journeys, click here.
If you are interested in learning more about Watson CXA and realized benefits and ROI, download a copy of our eBook which highlights the top 10 use cases and formulas for success. Gain the insights you need to enhance customer journeys, boost conversions and maximize lifetime customer value. Please click the tile below to download the eBook.