Leading marketing companies are leveraging marketing technology and customer analytics, so that they can play a leadership role in improving customer experience management. Improving customer experience touches many parts of an organization and marketing has a critical role to play.
In the IBM State of Marketing 20131 survey, IBM investigated what the most successful companies are doing from a marketing perspective to keep pace with shifting customer channel preferences. They recommended following these three strategies to enhance the quality of your digital customer experience management:
- Integrate & Act on Customer Context: Understand the context of customer interaction and have the ability to respond accordingly.
- Adjust real-time offers based on context
- Use optimization technology across all channels
- Integrate inbound/outbound and online/offline
- Conduct analysis of customer insight to discovery causes of problems
- Apply advanced analytics to determine media spend
- Detect transaction struggles and take action accordingly
- Track commitments from service interactions
- Identify and fill execution gaps in brand promise
- Track customer lifetime value
The most successful businesses are able to focus on customer engagement by seamlessly integrating across all channels.
Utilizing tightly integrated cross-channel marketing technology will provide the foundation to improve customer experience management. Customer insight becomes the catalyst for managing and taking action to improve customer experience. Even for marketing leaders integration challenges remain, like integrating across social and mobile channels. The reward for companies that are able to address these challenges is a demonstrablly higher financial return.
With the proper digital marketing technology, you'll be able to evaluate the quality of a customer experience with real metrics. These numbers can be analyzed systematically to determine a monetary value for each of your customer engagements. Ask yourself:
- How well is my business converting customer interactions?
- What are the obstacles to purchases and detractors from customer experience?
- Can we identify and target customers that have abandoned online transactions?
- Do I have customer analytics that provide a view across the customer lifecycle?
In the end, the highest performing businesses have a clear view of their end goal. To them, marketing is more than a series of individual sales. It’s an influence, and a responsibility that goes beyond the sales cycle. With cross-channel marketing technology, it brings all your channels and interactions together to deliver a superior, end-to-end customer experience. Digital marketing done effectively will translate into a better experience for the customer, and increase revenue for your business.
For more information on how marketing technology can enable a better customer experience, please download the IBM Whitepaper: How Marketing is Taking Charge: Leading the Customer Experience:
To learn about IBM Tealeaf Customer Experience Management offerings, please see:
To contact us directly, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.